Thursday, January 17, 2013

Merry {Belated} Christmas and Happy {Belated} New Year

I am embarrassed that almost an entire month has passed since my last post!!  With a new year upon me, one would think I resolved to do better, but I haven't.:(  So to all three people that read my blog, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!  I hope and pray that 2012 ended well and that 2013 is off to a great start.

My family had a wonderful holiday season.   However, we have been plagued by various sicknesses, like many households.  Since my last blog post, our family has endured RSV, the flu, upper respiratory infections, ear infections, and sinus infections.  In spite of antibiotics, breathing treatments, piles of Kleenexes, and bags of cough drops, our family traveled through five states to celebrate four different Christmas celebrations.  We had the opportunity to fellowship with friends and family, including some family members that we haven't seen in close to a year!!! 

On a personal note, I also had the opportunity to celebrate Christmas with BOTH sets of my grandparents!!  It is such a rare and precious blessing for a 29-year-old to have all four grandparents but even better to share that experience with my husband and children.  Although their health is diminishing and they are all in the twilight of their life, the examples of Christian living they have given me and my family is the greatest gift I received this year.

I hope your family made many fond memories this Christmas season.  My kids LOVED opening their gifts, but all too quickly they will outgrow their new clothes and tire of their toys.  But the memories made will forever be in their hearts!!!

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment