Friday, April 25, 2014

Happy Easter! Now What To Do With All Those Easter Eggs!




What an fantastic Easter our family had!!!  We enjoyed a wonderful, sunny day made by the Lord and had great time at church and with our little family.  What hope we all have knowing that our Savior is risen so that we may all have the opportunity at eternal life in Heaven!!  Praise God!!  It feels my heart with joy, but also with a great sense of responsibility.

All too quickly, the world will try to lure my children away from the Lord and His teachings.  It is imperative that as parents, Josh and I instill a strong foundation in the Lord each and every day, not just at Easter and Christmas.  In order to do that, we must have a daily walk with the Lord, not just at Easter and Christmas.  It is easy to become lax in the walk, but it must be our number one priority.  All of our thoughts, actions, choices, activities, and conversations should revolve around a Christ-centered life. Praise God that He has seen fit to give me more time on this Earth to strengthen my walk with Him, not only for my sake but for my kids as well.  We never know when our last breath will come, so walk with Him daily!!

Okay, I'm done preaching!!  So now on to some education.....plastic Easter eggs!  How many are floating around your house after opening Easter baskets on Sunday?  If your house is like mine, they seem to multiply at an exponential rate.  I know I only put 2-3 in each Easter basket, but the floor looks like a colorful hatchery only five days later!

So what to do with all those Easter eggs?  Something educational, of course!  I created some letter matching eggs for Micah.  On the top half of the egg, I wrote capital letters and lower case letters on the bottom half of the eggs.  This is a great activity for Micah.  It generally takes him 5-10 minutes to make all the matches, depending on how "extracted" (distracted) he is.

If your little one is past matching up letters, you can use the eggs to match up almost anything:  fractions, analog and digital times, numbers and number words, etc.  They can also be used for young preschoolers to help sort colors.





Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment