Thursday, December 4, 2014

Happy 6th Birthday, Micah!!!










AGH!!!  I cannot wrap my little brain around the fact that today is Micah's SIXTH birthday....if life were a math class, I would be rounding up to 10!  Time is simply something that cannot be controlled.

Many "firsts" came when welcoming Micah into the world six years ago...my first son, my first c-section, my first surgery...EVER, my first time understanding the bond between a mother and a son, my first glimpse into the type of sibling Abby would be, my first time having to divide my attention between two kids, and my first EYE-OPENING look into how having a second child somehow equates to a quadrupling in laundry!!

Nevertheless, all of these firsts (save the laundry one) have magnified my quality of life. Micah is a gentle spirit, a gentle soul, and an easy child to be around.

So Micah, at 6, what type of boy are you?

  • You are now in Kindergarten!! WOW!  Each day you are learning new things and excelling at each challenge you are given.
  • You are unbelievably quiet in a vehicle...which is AWESOME!  You simply enjoy looking out the window and sitting still.
  • Like your daddy, you are a hunter.  You look forward to spending days out scouting deer, hunting in the blind, or training the dogs to find quail. And your Daddy likes those days too!
  • You melt my heart (still) when you just randomly say "Mommy, I love you!!"  Sometimes you come and find me just to say that.  Everyone in the family receives these kind words from you.
  • As when you were a little baby, you STILL love to carry little toys around.  But now, you find the oddest places to keep those toys.  No longer does a baby fist clench a bouncy ball during naptime, but now you stick toys down in your footie pajamas at night.  Or you find little containers to keep things in.
  •  You have discovered LEGOS....and I couldn't be happier.  I have enjoyed watching your confidence grow as you once watched daddy build the Legos to building independently...and being so proud.  (Although, there are NO words to describe the pain of stepping on Legos!)
  • Your eyes and smile are simply magically...I pray you always keep this innocent charm about you.
  • You bring an immense amount of joy, love, and happiness to each member of this family.  You are truly a BLESSING!
We love you and wish you a very happy 6th birthday!!

Love, 
Mommy, Daddy, Abby, and Jude


Note:  Micah did have a bowling birthday party at the bowling lanes at the Bass Pro Shop in Bristol, TN.    However, Jude had the stomach bug so I was unable to attend :(. Josh took the older two kids and Justin, Marta, and Kara Brooks and Troy Wilson went. I was SO sad to miss the first birthday celebration of any of my kids, but Micah was looking so forward to it, I hated to reschedule.  As a result, I have NO pictures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment