Thursday, March 13, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday!!!















When I logged on today to write Abby's birthday post, I realized that I forgot to post Jude's second birthday post....so today is a two for one!!

February 28, 2014

Since February 29th does not exist this year, today Jude will turn 2!!!  (Or six months old, depending how you look at it...just kidding)  Anyway, these last two years have been some of the biggest for our family.  First, Josh and I became outnumbered when Jude arrived.  We both had career changes, mine was a resignation from teaching and Josh's was accepting a new position in North Carolina.  Therefore, we had to move seven hours away.  And to top it all off, I started homeschooling this year....and all along the way we had an infant that has grown and mature to a busy, little boy.

I should have known that Jude was really going to shake things up by the way things went the day he was born.  First, it was Leap Day....what was I thinking!  Next, there was a severe thunderstorm and tornado watch when we arrived at the hospital for a scheduled c-section.  Next, my surgery was a learning day for two nursing students so I heard every, single detail of that surgery...a little cool, and a little weird at the same time.  After surgery I was moved to recovery where I spent the next eight hours.  Why eight when the norm is two, you ask?  Because of MULTIPLE tornado sirens!  Our families had to continuously exit the 4th floor of HMH to wait in the cafeteria.  In fact, they didn't even see Jude until several hours after he was born.  Only my sister, with her top-clearance HMH employee badge, was able to breach the forbidden walls of the recovery room.  When we left the hospital on March 2, we didn't go home to our basement less house...we had to go our neighbors house to hang out in the basement while another line of tornado producing storms swept through the area.  When we finally went home, the vinyl siding on the west end of our house resembled Swiss cheese due to the hail.   (Our vehicles were equally mangled.)

Like the wild ride of those first few days of his life, Jude has continued to shake things up.  He is able to crawl and climb into spaces that I didn't even now children could access.  He is quick as lightning, stands his ground with his siblings, and did I mention LOVES to climb.  Just this morning, as I was unloading the dryer, he slipped in behind me and climbed in.  I went to unload the washer and found a surprise waiting for me, all smiles, in the dryer.

When Jude was about 14 months old, I mentioned to my mom on the phone about how he was into everything.  I mean, I've had two other children and they don't hold a candle to him.  So Mom, in an encouraging way, reminded me that Jude is the first child that I have been around 24/7 and that perhaps it was the being a SAHM that made it SEEM like he was more active.  Then she came for a visit.  My mom, super mom, stay at home mom of three, nana to 10, even admitted that he was quite feisty.  At least I know I'm not delusional:)

But regardless of his busy nature, Jude's existence has been a blessing to all that know him and it is my privilege to be his mommy.

So Jude, what kind of two year old are you?

  • You are busy.  Very, very busy.  You were born weighing 9 pounds and 7 ounces and at two only weigh weigh 22 lbs.  Now before anyone gets concerned, this is not from lack of eating.  No, you eat CONSTANTLY (ask anyone that has been around you for more than two minutes).  It is from being busy!!
  • Since your last birthday, you have mastered the skill of walking.  Although it was the latest of all three, you went straight from army crawl to sprinting.
  • Like the other two, you are a late talker.  You have a pretty limited vocabulary...in English.  But in Judanese (your very own language), you are quite proficient.  You will call for "Mommy" or "Daddy", we will say yes Jude, and then you continue to tell us a long, elaborate story with all appropriate hand motions in a language that no one understands.  But it is SO cute!!  I wish I could translate what you were saying.
  • You call Abby "Nanny"!
  • You pretend to be a horse.  I will hearing you neighing all throughout the day.
  • You love puzzles and you're really good.  You have mastered all of them at home and have now started on iPad puzzles. 
  • You love books.  While I am teaching the other two, you spend time looking at books (sometimes reading them in Judanese).  You also love being read to.
  • You like to dance.  It is a specialized dance invented by you.  It starts out in a squat position, add some bouncing to the beat of the music, and raise the right elbow (in bended position) above your head.  Sometimes it switches to the other arm.  Super cute!
  • You LOVE Abby and Micah.  They are your snuggle buddies and your playtime friends.  Although you love hanging out with Micah, Abby loves to dote on you, so you love to snuggle with her.
  • You sing a "sleepy song" when you get tired!  So sweet!  As soon as I put in your pacifier for bedtime, you start humming and feeling of your ears.  We call it your sleepy song:)
  • In addition to your sleepy song, you are obsessed with feeling of skin when you get tired.  My face, ears, but your favorite, is down my shirt....we are hoping you outgrow this before you start dating!
  • You love to smile and you have quite a handsome one at that!!
  • You are a lefty!  Great for baseball, but Daddy is concerned about teaching you to shoot a gun!
  • You have made all of us better and complete our family.  We are so thankful for you and are blessed to call you our son/brother.  We love you!!!
Love, 
Mommy, Daddy, Abby, and Micah



No comments:

Post a Comment