Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Button Bracelets



A few years ago, I was attending a craft fair and saw a booth selling some button bracelets.  I immediately loved them and snatched up two, one black and one cream.  I knew that these bracelets would be simple to make, but I hadn't taken the time to sit down and actually complete the project.  With Christmas around the corner, I decided to make a couple of these for gifts.  It was an inexpensive project, easy to complete, but super cute.

I purchased some black elastic that was 3/4" but 1" would also work well, if not better.  The buttons were already selected and sold together in coordinating browns.  You could also hand select buttons, but this was the cheaper route.  I also chose to use black thread.

I used my own wrist as a guide to measure the bracelet size, but this project allows you to easily adjust for any size wrist.  I overlapped the ends and sewed them together and then start sewing on buttons.  Pack them on the elastic.  Also, you can stack a couple of buttons together.  You can choose to sew the buttons on in a pattern with similar sized buttons or use all sizes, colors, and sew them on randomly.  (That was my method!)  One thing I would have done differently...USE A THIMBLE!!  My fingers were sore from pushing the needle through those button holes!!  I forgot to take pictures throughout the process, but here are a couple of the end product. 



Rachel

3 comments: