Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer's Simple Pleasures!!!

Summer is a time for the rules to go out the door!!! Bedtimes are extended to almost indecent hours, cleanliness is an option since my kiddos are constantly dirty, clothes are also optional (my kids love to run through the waterhose sans clothes), and an afternoon outside creates lasting memories. As we try to milk the last bit of fun before summer is "over" and school starts again, my kids have discovered the joy of bubbles. Although Abby has played with them for years, having Micah mobile and willing to chase the bubbles is even more fun for Abby. Last week at the fair, Josh bought the kids one of the "Infinite Bubble" machines, which is battery operated and blows bubbles until the batteries are dead or the bubble solution is gone. I thought it was a good deal--$10 got the machine, two bottles of bubbles, and batteries....of course, last night at Wal-Mart I noticed the same thing for $4!!! Oh well!! Anyway, the kids and Josh were outside playing and I had to capture some pictures. Of course Abby thinks the world is her stage and as soon as she noticed me with camera, she started posing. But I did capture a few of her and Micah with the bubbles. I hope their childhood summer memories are as fond as mine!!! Enjoy the pics!!!!

Micah, our daredevil child, climbing up the ramp to the slide!!!

Abby and Micah playing nice together.

Abby BEFORE she noticed the camera!!!

Abby AFTER she noticed the camera!!!

Micah with the infamous bubble gun....there have been some arguments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment