Thursday, December 1, 2011

Halloween Fun

Trick-or-treating that falls on a Monday after school is bound to be sprinkled with chaos.  Living in the country, Josh and I have to drive the kids to houses.  Some people don't have to contend with the challenges of "country" trick-or-treating.  Josh was raised in town, so he could walk to the various houses in his neighborhood.  My childhood treat-or-treating was load up the car, buckle up, don't squish your costume, we're here, visit for a few minutes, load back up, and start again.  Of course, as I child I didn't care-I was getting candy just for holding out a bag and saying trick-or-treat.  Mom and Dad never complained about the driving and I didn't think anything about it.  Fast forward twenty years and now I am the mom and have come to one conclusion....trick-or-treating is exhausting, especially in the country.  Don't get me wrong, it is still fun.  But having a gun-toting cowboy and crown-clad princess that have to be buckled into booster seats after each stop takes time.  Plus, I like to..brace yourself...talk to our friends.  So rushing home from school, changing into to costumes, taking pictures, and starting the fun can be a bit chaotic.  However, the kids have a great time and although I am tired at the end of the night, it is still fun for me.  A piece of candy or two is just an added bonus!!! :)  Enjoy some pictures of our pretty princess and rambunctious cowboy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment