Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

The best part of me is in my children.  All the positive qualities that I possess are reflected in their little personalities, only on a magnified level.  They bring such joy to my life and fill I void that I didn't even know existed until they were born.  My favorite thing about my life is being a mother and a wife.  Thank you Lord for all the blessings that I have been given.

This morning, I was awakened to excited giggles from the kids as they brought me breakfast in bed.  Daddy said that Abby even helped to stir the muffins!  I must say that Josh and the kids outdid themselves.  I had eggs, sausage, pancakes, and chocolate chip muffins!!  What a feast!!   I wish that I had taken a picture of it.  I was then treated to a different card from everybody.  Josh said that Abby and Micah each chose their own card and "signed" it in their own way.  I was given some new foundation (which I needed) and a pedicure (which is long overdue.)  I told Josh that it will be like shoeing a horse:)

After church, I planted some flowers, took a nap, and then played in the yard with Josh and the kids.  It was the most enjoyable day that I have had in quite some time.  The weather was great, the activities were great, and the company was the best.  It was one of those days that I could repeat over and over.

Thank you Lord for all of the blessings in my life and I hope all the moms had a blessed Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment