Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back in the Swing of Things!!!

The 2010-2011 school year has once again started and the Wilson family has survived, but barely. I am so tired!!! Even though I was at school at least three days out of each week this summer, it is totally different when 30 students are in the classroom with you. In addition to me starting school, Abby started her second year of preschool and she loves it. She loves her teacher, which is such a blessing as a parent. Micah is once again back in daycare. He loves the people at the daycare and is always ready to play, but it is still hard to know that someone else has the opportunity to spend time with my kids while I am at work:(

Anyway, the whole family has been tired but we will once again grow accustomed to our hectic lifestyle. This year we have added a third agriculture teacher at school so I hope that I won't have to attend every single activity this year. My goal is hopefully we can split up responsibilities throughout the year.

This year I am only teaching two different classes, which is a first for me. I have one class of Principles of Agriculture and five classes of Animal Technology/Small Animal Technology. I like only having to prepare two sets of lesson plans, but I have to say/do the same activity five times in a row. This can be a little draining at times, but I will soon adjust.

As I begin my sixth year teaching, I am completing my Master's through the University of the Cumberlands. I will be glad when all my classes are finished and I have one less thing on my plate.

To all of you who are starting a new school year, good luck and happy learning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment